Easy Oven Croutons
- french bread loaf, day old
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin or half olive oil and half melted butter
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- herbs of choice: basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- garlic powder with parsley
Using a bread knife, cut the bread into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch cubes. If you prefer larger or smaller croutons, make your cuts accordingly–just be sure to make your cuts as similarly as possible to help them bake evenly.
Homemade croutons, stored in a plastic container or a plastic bag, last up to two weeks unrefrigerated.