Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- 2 lb Yellow onions (trimmed, halved, and sliced) (2 quarts)
- 1 box (32 ounces) Beef broth (less sodium version if desired) (1 quart)
- 2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 C White wine (or water)
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 6 Thick slices sour dough bread or peasant/rustic loaf, crusts trimmed
- 1/2 C Grated Parmesan (or Swiss) cheese
- Cracked pepper (optional)
Add broth and thyme and stir.
Cover cooker with lid and cook on high setting 3 to 4 hours or until onions are tender. Mix white wine (or water) with flour and stir into the slow cooker.
Broil until cheese is bubbly.
To serve, ladle soup into shallow bowls. Place one slice of hot cheesy bread into each bowl.
Sprinkle with pepper to taste.