ZUCCHINI (CRAB) CAKES -- BONNIE'S
The photo is my own and so is this humble recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2
- cups peeled and shredded zucchini
- eggs slightly beaten
- tablespoons chopped onion
- tablespoon melted butter
- teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/4
- teaspoons old bay seasoning
- cup panko bread crumbs or a little more if needed to form cakes
- vegetable oil for frying (2 tablespoons)
- kosher salt to sprinkle on cakes when done
Peel the zuchinni and grate it with a hand grater, and place zucchini in a small shallow bowl.
Add the beaten eggs, chopped onion, butter, dry mustard, Old Bay seasoning and Panko bread crumbs. Mix gently until combined. Form into a dozen cakes about 3 inches in diameter.