Walnut Green Beans a la Joyce
A favorite restaurant that we frequent serves beans that are very much like these and, of course, I just HAD to figure out how to make them so I could serve them at family dinners.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
Want to kick up your typical green beans, then look no further than this tasty recipe. These beans are fresh, crunchy and full of great flavor. The Worcestershire sauce gives them a bit of a tangy flavor and the Tony Chachere seasoning adds spice. Crunchy from the walnuts and smoky from the bacon, this is an impressive (but easy!) side dish.
- 2 lb
- green beans, whole & fresh
- 1/2 c
- walnut pieces
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced in strips lenghtwise
- 6 slice
- bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces (easier to cut if partially frozen)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1-2 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce (I prefer Worcestershire; use 1 tsp for soy sauce)
- 1 tsp
- Tony Chachere's seasoning or your own Creole seasoning