Swiss Chard With Scallions
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 large
- bunches swiss chard, with stems, washed
- 6 Tbsp
- butter or olive oil or 3 tablespoons each
- 2 bunch
- green onions, cut into quarter inch pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cider vinegar for dressing chard
1Cut the Swiss chard into large pieces, plunge it into boiling water and cook it until the stems are just tender.
2Drain, shock under cold water and drain again. Squeeze out as much water as possible. Put the chard on a board and chop it up with a large knife.
3Melt the butter or olive oil in a deep pot. Add the scallions and cook them over moderate heat until just tender. Add the chopped chard, toss well, season to taste and serve with a drizzle of cider vinegar.