Spinach Mushroom "Cheeserole"
- 6 bags fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large pkg. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded hot pepper cheese, 8 oz
- salt and white pepper to taste
- tabasco sauce to taste
- fine cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp. butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese, 4 oz
dry and chop. Sauté onion and mushrooms in 3 T. butter in skillet until tender.
Add cream and cream cheese and cook until cream cheese is melted. Stir
frequently. Stir in the hot pepper cheese and season with salt, pepper and
Tabasco sauce. Fold in the chopped spinach and adjust the seasonings to taste.
Spoon into a buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top with cracker crumbs and dot
with 1 T. butter. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with
Gruyere cheese and bake just until the cheese is melted. Serve at once. Serves
Source: Marshes to Mansions