SPINACH-MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- fresh spinach, washed and dried and stems removed
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts, sllivered almonds or pinenuts (toasted)
- button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 slice
- fried bacon, cooled and crumbled
- small can mandarin oranges, drained
1In small pan, toast nuts over medium heat until fragrant. Set aside. In same pan, fry bacon until crisp. Crumble when cooled.
2If needed, wash and dry spinach. Remove stems and tear larger leaves into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice mushrooms.
3In serving bowl, mix spinach, nuts, crumbled bacon, mushrooms and drained Mandarin oranges. Serve with oil-based dressing such as pecan-raspberry.