Parmesan Crusted Yellow Summer Squash
Doris Fisher @dotfish65
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- a splash of heavy cream (or milk or half and half)
- a dollop of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- finely grated parmesan cheese ( i also mixed in romano cheese.)
- foiled lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil
1Keep in mind, if you make more, just use more flour, eggs cream and sour cream. his s not an "exact" measurement type of recipe, so use what you need and add more if you need to.
2After you clean and dry your squash, cut lengthwise into small strips...like french fries. I added in some Zucchini as well. Add the eggs, heavy cream and the dollop of sour cream to a small bowl.
Whisk it all together and put aside for quick second. In a small bowl coat each piece of summer squash in flour. Just toss the pieces around until they are coated.
3Dip into egg mixture, and then coat it with the cheese mixture and place neatly on foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Broil for 7 minutes on one side. Flip each one and place back under the broiler for an additional 7 minutes.