Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 cans of beets
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar
- apple cider vinegar to taste
- salt and pepper if desired(i skip these)
- chopped onions if desired or about 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1Melt margarine and add cornstarch to make a roux.
2Drain beet juice into roux and stir until thick. You may need to add a little water. If you want to add onions now is the time.
3Add sugar, then add vinegar to taste. It only takes a small amount.
4Put beets in glaze and simmer for about 20 minutes or until beets are heated through.
5Stir occasionally as they tend to stick.