Grilled Purple Asparagus
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 bunch purple asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and split
- dill sace: 1/4 cup may(hellmans low fat)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (low fat)
- 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- fresh, chopped dill (about 1 tbsp)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1Split the asparagus down the center, drizzled them with olive oil and a little salt and pepper and then put them on the grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Use medium-high heat, with the lid closed. The smallest of the stalks are left whole to avoid overcooking/burning.
2For Dill Sauce:
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Allow to sit (if time permits) so the flavors meld. Feel free to mess around with the amounts to adjust the taste to your liking. You could even add a little water to thin out the sauce a bit.
The end result is beautiful asparagus spears, which turn green from cooking, but taste a bit sweeter than your average spears. They are still crunchy and the little bit of salt enhances their flavor perfectly.