Crunchy Squash Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced yellow squash
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- (8 ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- (6 ounce) package chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- squash slices (optional)
- celery leaves (optional)
1Cook the squash according to package directions; drain well.
2Saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter.
3Combine the squash, onion, sour cream, soup and water chestnuts.
4Combine stuffing mix and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter; stir well.
5Add three-fourths of stuffing mixture to squash mixture; spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
6Sprinkle remaining stuffing mixture over casserole.
7Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
8Garnish casserole with thawed squash slices and celery leaves, if desired. Yield: 8 servings.