Broccoli Citrus Slaw
If you can wrap your mind around these tastes actually working WELL together, get brave & try this GREAT summer salad.
It's incredibly yummy, and very very tasty!!
i can never find broccoli slaw @ my grocer's, so I just chop fresh broccoli flowerettes into the pre-packaged slaw mix.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 16 oz. bag broccoli slaw - or just regular slaw mix & finely chop flowerettes of 2 heads of fresh broccoli into it
- small jicama (pronounced hee-ka-ma)
- small red onion - julienned into very thin slivers
- 2/3 c
- finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- grated orange peel (from above oranges)
- large fresh lemon- juiced
- 4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
1cut flowerettes from into smalls with very little 'stem' left from 2 stalks of broccoli
2cut oranges into 1/4s, then into sections. then cut each section into 4 bites - reserve peels for the fresh orange peel grating in dressing.
3THINLY slice the onion into slivers. do not chop, as these can be overpowering to some, and they may want to be able to 'pick them out'
4peel jicama, and julienne slice or use a the large holes on a cheese grater.
5mix all 'veggies' together in a large bowl - toss to combine evenly.
6in a small bowl mix together all dressing ingredients and stir well.
7combine the dressing with the veggies, and mix well.
8cover & refrigerate.