Bloody Mary gratin
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- three beefsteak tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickles or green olives
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
1preheat oven to 425° with a rack in center position. Place tomatoes in a shallow 7 x 11" ovenproof baking dish.
2Mix celery, pickles, onion, and Worcestershire, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle over tomatoes. Mix crackers with butter and sprinkle over tomatoes.
3Bake gratin 10 minutes, then heat broiler to low. Broil gratin until cracker crumbs are Golden, about two minutes. Remove gratin from oven and let cool 10 minutes or to room temperature.
4Stir together sour cream and horseradish for sauce, or simply spoon horseradish over gratin. Serves four