Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 12 oz
- thickly sliced lean bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- spanish onion, thinly sliced- i used yellow
- 8 clove
- garlic, halved lengthwise
- 2 lb
- brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- sugar, optional
1In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over moderate-high heat until browned, about 8 minutes.
2Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
3Add the onion and garlic to the pan, reduce the heat to moderate and cook, stirring until softened, about, 3 to 4 minutes.
4Remove the softened vegetables from the pan and set aside.
5Add the Brussels sprouts in batches and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown on the outside.
6Add the reserved bacon and vegetables to the Brussels sprouts in the pan along with the salt and pepper, to taste, and a pinch of sugar.
7Cover skillet with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.