ASIAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Peggi Anne Tebben
Hope you enjoy.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 (2 1/4-pound) spaghetti squash
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup snow pea pods, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a shallow baking dish or pan. Add water to dish to depth of 1/2 inch.
2Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until skin is tender and strands may be easily loosened with a fork. Drain
and cool slightly.
3Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add garlic, and process until finely chopped, scraping down sides, if nesessary. Add sesame oil and next 5 ingredients. Process garlic mixture until blended, stopping once to scrape down sides. Set garlic mixture aside.
4Remove spaghetti-like strands of squash, using a fork; discard shells. Combine squash, green onions, carrot, and snow peas in a large bowl. Add garlic mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.