Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- sour cream or crema mexicana
- 1/2 c
- crumbled cotija or feta, plus extra cheese for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp
- ancho or guajillo powder (we used ancho however you can experiment with other chili powders)
- 1 medium
- clove garlic, peeled and minced (but it's okay to use salt-free garlic powder!)
- 1/4 c
- fresh cilantro, minced (¡fresh!)
- ears of fresh corn, shucked
- lime, quartered
- butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
1Prepare the corn by shucking, removing silk and slathering with butter, olive oil or coconut (we like a combination of butter and coconut oil).
2In a small, non-reactive prep bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream or substitute, cheese, chili powder, garlic and cilantro. Stir well and set aside.
3Choose your preferred method of cooking the corn: grilling or roasting. Here are the directions from the ORIGINAL recipe for outdoor grilling the ears of corn: 'Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over half of coal grate. Alternatively, set half the burners of a gas grill to high heat. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. When grill is hot, place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.'
4Transfer corn to platter. Use a large spatula to evenly coat the grilled corn on all sides with the mayo-cheese mixture. Sprinkle with extra cheese and chili powder and serve immediately with lime wedges. Heavenly!