Pepper Jack Rice Bake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- rice,cooked to package directions or 6 cups cooked rice
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75oz) condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 (4,5oz) can(s)
- of chopped green chiles (hot)
- 1 c
- rosted corn kernels
- 2 c
- shredded, pepper jack or monterey jack cheese, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
1Heat the oven to 375. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2Heat the oil in a large skillet medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until softened, 7 to 8 minutes.
3Combine the cooked rice, sour cream, soup, green chiles, corn, and cooked peppers and onions, and 1 cup of the cheese in a large mixing bowl, Blend well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4Pour the mixture in to the greased baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake 30 minutes.
5Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbly.