Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 32 oz
- frozen shredded hashbrowns (or can shred your own raw potatoes -- no chemicals that way)
- 16 oz
- breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled (i like jimmy dean with no msg)
- green onions, finely chopped
- 12 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (shred your own to eliminate corn starch from store bought shredded cheese))
- eggs (whole)
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder (i like granulated garlic, it pours better)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- pepper (or to taste)
- additional salt and pepper to season the hash brown layers
1Grease the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with butter.
2Layer ⅓ of the hash browns on the bottom, then season with salt and pepper.
3Top with ⅓ of the cooked sausage, then ⅓ each of the green onions and cheddar cheese.
4Repeat the layers two more times, ending with the cheese.
5In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6Pour the egg mixture over the top of the hash brown, sausage and cheese layers in the slow cooker.
7Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (the edges will brown). Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.