Bacon and Sage Mashed Potatoes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large yukon gold potatoes or 5 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 c
- shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 4 slice
- bacon, fried until crisp (but not black)
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped fresh sage
1Place the potatoes and enough broth to barely cover them in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
2Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer just until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3Drain the potatoes, reserving the cooking liquid.
4Return the potatoes and 1 cup of the cooking liquid to the saucepan and, using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash until smooth.
5Add the butter and gouda and stir until incorporated and melted; do not over mix.
If necessary, add more broth to attain the desired consistency but be careful not to make then too liquidy.
6Stir in the bacon, sage and salt and pepper to taste.