Fresh Fruit Platter with Coconut Whipped Cream
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 c
- your favorite seasonal fruits, sliced
- 1 c
- coconut cream (tested with a can of unsweetened coconut cream and not coconut milk)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- powdered sugar, approximately
- piece of vanilla pod, split (can sub vanilla paste or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp
- rose water, to taste
- fresh rose petals or crushed dried rose petals (culinary and be sure they are not sprayed with pesticides!)
COCONUT WHIPPING CREAM
1PREPARE THE COCONUT WHIPPING CREAM: At least 1 hour before you begin, refrigerate the can of coconut cream. Open the can carefully without shaking it and remove the thick portion only. Place in a stand up mixer or hand held mixer.
2Using the egg whip attachment, whip the coconut cream for 5 minutes on Speed 10 (the highest). After a few minutes the coconut cream should start to become airy and expand. Continue to whip 5 minutes total.
3Now add the sugar, vanilla (if using vanilla pod, scrape the seeds into the bowl), and rosewater. Whip another 1 minute. Transfer to a serving bowl. If desired, garnish the whipping cream with fresh rose petals or crushed dried rose petals.
4FRUIT PLATTER: Arrange the fruit on a platter. Serve fruit with the coconut whipping cream.