GOLDIE'S CORNBREAD STUFFING (SALLYE)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large
- pan texas cornbread TEXAS CORNBREAD (sallye)
- 2 can(s)
- generic brand biscuits
- 2 large
- fresh raw eggs
- 1 c
- celery, finely diced
- 1 c
- onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning (link in comments below)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- rubbed sage (optional)
- 2-4 can(s)
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- turkey drippings or 2 tablespoons olive oil
1Tips before you start:
1. To save time, place diced celery and onion in microwave safe bowl with a tablespoon of water, cover with paper towel and nuke for 2 minutes
2. Another time saver is to use 2 pkgs of Morrison's Texas style yellow cornbread mix....do not use other brands as they have sugar in them and will make the stuffing taste funny
3. This stuffing is best if mixed up (but not cooked) the night before and refrigerated(to allow the spices to blend. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.
4. I usually add a little of the turkey drippings mixed with a cup of water to mixture just before cooking.
5. I use my food processor on pulse mode to dice the onions and celery.
2Cook cornbread and biscuits according to directions. Set aside to cool.
When cool, crumble cornbread and biscuits into a large mixing bowl.
Add all other ingredients except turkey drippings and mix thoroughly until very moist.
You may have to add a cup of water or another can of chicken broth if not moist enough.
Best if covered and refrigerated overnight to allow spices to blend.
3Mix turkey drippings into stuffing mixture just before ready to cook.
Place stuffing in baking dish, and cook in 375ºF oven for about 60 minutes, until vegetables are tender and crust is golden brown.