Apple-Onion Casserole with Cinnamon
I think Vanessa took us there just to get the recipe. Now I make it for her when she is on break from school.
- 1 stick
- 2 large
- onions, sliced into 1/4 inch slices, separated into rings
- 6 large
- cooking apples, such as northern spy or golden delicous, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- round buttery crackers, finely crushed
- 1 c
- apple cider or apple juice
In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat.