Verginia's Fried Rice
Whenever she comes over I get her to bring a batch. She knows our son doesn't like peas, so there's always a portion without them :)
The best fried rice I've ever eaten (including Chinese take-out).
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 c
- regular converted rice, cooked
- of each, beef and chicken bouillon cubes (add to water that you will cook the rice in)
- 1/4 c
- each canola oil and margarine
- 2 large
- cooking onions, chopped fine
- 1 c
- frozen peas
- 1 c
- frozen carrots, cubed (optional, but use 2 cups peas)
- green onion tops, chopped
- 6 - 8 eggs
- soya sauce to taste
1In a large skillet, heat canola oil and margarine on medium heat, add onions and sauté until tender. About 10 mins.
2Meanwhile, in a separate fry pan, scramble the eggs.
3Add cooked rice to pan with onions and mix together.
4Add scrambled eggs to rice and mix through.
5Add chopped cooked beef, chicken or pork to pan, stirring frequently, cook for 5 minutes
6Then add 2 cups frozen peas and the green onion and mix and stir some more.
7Add soy sauce to taste, continually stirring until peas are done (about 5 mins or so).
8Serve from pan to plate or put into a covered container to take to a party. You can keep leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for a couple of days.