Tasty Rice (Arroz saboroso)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- large onion finely chopped
- large clove garlic, minced
- large carrot, finely chopped
- sweet red or green pepper, seeded, cored and diced
- 3 c
- chicken stock or water
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground allspice (the secret ingredient in this tasty rice!!
- dash of piri-piri or tabasco sauce
- 1 c
- short or long grain rice
1I a large heavy saucepan or dutch oven, melt the butter over med-high heat;, cook the onion, carrot, pepper and garlic, stirring occasionally for 3 - 5 minutes until softened.Pour in stock, cover and bring to a boil.
Stir in salt, allspice, piri piri sauce and rice.. Cover and return to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook till all liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Serve.
2I didn't have any peppers today so left it out ...just as good with just the carrots , garlic and onions.