cowboy Rice and beans
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- two cans chili beans in chili gravy, 15 ounces each
- one can butter beans, rinsed and drained, 15 ounces
- one can black beans, rinsed and drained, 15 ounces
- 1 cup chopped onion, one large
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper, one medium
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper, one medium
- one medium fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- one bottle barbecue sauce, 18 ounces
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
1In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, mix chili beans and gravy, drained butter beans, drained black beans, onion, sweet peppers, and jalapeno pepper. Stir in barbecue sauce and broth.
2Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high heat setting for two and a half to three hours.
If using low heat setting, turn to high heat setting. Stir in uncooked Rice. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until rice is tender. Makes 12 servings. Tip: because Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with Chile peppers, where plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands to touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.