Sweet “much like me “ ha ha ha onions & potatoes
Irisa Raina 9
This is a recipe that I got from some dear Mexican friends of mine when I lived in Las Vegas. They served this a lot. The only difference that I do with mine is I cook the potatoes in ginger ale & and some water, and the onions in Turbinado sugar instead of white sugar. They always used Mexican beer for the potatoes and white sugar for the onions.
And let me add if you want or like more beans add more if you want less potatoes add less, make this your creation.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 onions sliced to ¼ inch
- 1 – 16 ounce can large butter beans “drained and rinsed “
- 5 smallish yukon gold potatoes “peeled and cut into bite size pieces”
- 1 can vernor’s ginger ale
- 2 & ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar