STUFFED POTATOES WITH BLUE CHEESE AND BACON
Photo is my own and so is this humble recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large baking potatoes, scrubbed and oiled, prick with a fork to let steam escape.
- cup sour cream
- cup butter
- cup of blue cheese crumbled
- strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- green onions, chopped fine
- tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- enough milk to make creamy
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash the potatoes, dry them, and then rub then with oil. Prick holes with a fork to let steam escape. Bake at 400 for one hour. Cut potatoes lengthwise. Use a tea towel to hold the hot potato, and scoop out the inside of the potato with a spoon into a medium mixing bowl. Take care not to tear the potato skins.
Add sour cream, onion, parsley, blue cheese, butter, salt and pepper and mix with a hand mixer, adding as much milk as necessary to make the potato mixture creamy but firm. Now fill the potato shells, using the tines of a fork to fluff up the potatoes. Place all the potatoes on a baking sheet and put them in the hot oven for 15 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and serve. Enjoy!