Gaylynn Y Cooper
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- medium red potatoes
- hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tsp
- heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1/4 c
- chopped sweet or dill pickles
- a little bit of pickle juice (opt)
- celery seed, dill weed, black pepper, and salt for seasoning (opt)
- paprika, dill weed, course black pepper, green olives, parsley, strips of pimento, etc. for garnish.
1Wash/scrub potatoes with vegetable brush & peel. Dice into 1" pieces or you can leave skins on, and dice.
2Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes or until tender in salted water. Drain in colander into sink or another pot to save for other uses. Rinse carefully with cold water and set aside to cool.
3When potatoes have cooled a bit, fold in with all other ingredients (except garnish items) in a very large mixing bowl. Mix well until potatoes are well coated with other ingredients. If you desire creamy potato salad just mash together with a potato masher or large fork.
4Transfer to large serving bowl. Sprinkle with your choice of garnishes. Chill if desired, (or to eat later) or serve warm immediately.