Persian Potato-Egg Salad
Daily Inspiration S
Prep time does not include marinating time.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 large
- potatoes, washed well and diced with skins intact
- 1 bunch
- cilantro leaves only
- 1/2 c
- green onions, white and green parts finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c
- oil (your choice)
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into round slices
- sliced black olives and carrot curls are optional garnishes
1Place the diced potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium and cook until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
2Drain the potatoes and let cool. Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cilantro leaves, onions, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Toss gently.
3Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and portion into four serving bowls. Top with egg slices arranged in a flower or overlapping pattern, add optional garnish, if desired.