PEGGI'S CHEESY, CHEESY, POTATOES, POTATOES, POTATOES
Peggi Anne Tebben
The delivery truck mistakingly sent us a case of hash browns, that we don't serve. I also had some pkgs. of instant mashed potatoes that a previous cook used instead of real ones. I don't do that for a meal. Then I had some mushrooms that needed to be used & we had left over baked potatoes to use. So, this is what I came up with. Every loved it.
I made this for a catering last night & the people putting on the event came back & told me everyone was raving over the potatoes.
- 4 large
- onions, slivered
- 1, 3 1/2# pkg
- frozen hash browns, uncooked
- 7 large
- *left over baked potatoes, skin on, cut in bite size chunks
- 2 1/2 c
- instant mashed potatoes or left over mashed potatoes
- 2, 26 oz. can(s)
- cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 can(s)
- **evaporated milk + same amount of water
- 1, 1# pkg
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb
- velveeta cheese (1/2 box)
- 1 1/4 lb
- shredded cheddar or cheddar, mozzarella mixed
- california style garlic salt with parsley
- montreal steak seasoning
- 1 1/2 c
- green onions, chopped
In large hotel pan, layer chunked up baked potatoes, hashbrowns, onions, sliced mushrooms & velveeta cheese cut into small cubes.
*If you don't have left over baked potatoes, use left over fried ones, etc, some kind of potato with same texture & size.
**Same amount of regular milk may be used.
Bake in 350° oven for about 1 hour or until starting to brown.