Parmesan Bacon Potatoes
Pictures posted 2/26/2012...are mine.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6-8 slice
- thick smoked bacon, cut in small pieces (i used reg. bacon and it was fine, 8 pieces for sure)
- 2 1/2 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, washed and cut into small cubes, you can leave skin on
- 1/8 c
- olive oil
- cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4-1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese by kraft..you may also use freshly grated parmesan
- salt & pepper (lightly salt...bacon makes it salty..so less is better till you get it on your plate.)
1Cook bacon pieces until crisp, drain grease and set bacon aside. Melt olive oil and butter together, and add fresh garlic..once heated add diced potatoes, season with salt and pepper, if desired, and fry until tender and crispy.
2Remove potatoes from pan and keep warm...(until you make sauce). Reserve a few T. of oil the potatoes were cooked in, now add 1 cup of whipping cream, simmer until the cream is reduced about half before blending in 1/4 cup to 1/2 grated parmesan cheese. Toss into mixture the potatoes and bacon and simmer until heated through.
3Allow potatoes to rest for a little bit before serving.