Before it comes up...I am sharing how to make these with instant potatoes. No one ever knew which I was using, instant or regular. You CAN use regular potatoes.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- instant potato flakes, dry (use the ones that call for milk-but you will not use milk)**box should have 16-17 servings
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese (8oz each) softened
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine-can use up to 2 sticks for flavor [i didn't say this was the healthiest of dishes :-) ]
- 16 oz
- sour cream
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded (depending on your taste)
- water & salt as stated on box of potatoes--more to taste if needed
You can essentially use this same formula with "real" potatoes. As I said, I honestly, make it and no one knows if I have use instant potatoes or not. Also, if you just want one or two servings, just use the formula above, and you can put it in the microwave, if you would like, for that "just melted" cheese on top.
The picture I used is of a small amount that I made for Mom and me (and the picture didn't turn out as well as I thought). This is something she will usually eat...as some of you know, I have a really hard time getting her to eat.