Hash Brown Quiche
Photo from Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner?
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large russet potato, grated (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 c
- half and half
- 1/2 c
- slices of bacon, cooked until crisp and then chopped (or use sausage)
- 1/4 c
- ( a little less than 1/4 cup ) diced scallions
- 1 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- •sour cream and additional scallions for garnish (optional)
Wrap the grated potato in paper towels and squeeze out as much excess moisture as you can.
Combine the grated potato and butter and press onto the bottom and sides of a pie plate.
Bake the crust for 20 to 25 minutes until browned.
Stir in the bacon, scallions, and cheddar.
Pour the egg mixture into the crust and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until set.