Delicious Extra Creamy American Potato Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3-4 pounds cooked, peeled and diced small potatoes ( red is best)
- 4-5 green onions diced 3/4ths up stems
- 1/3 cup celery (diced small)
- 7 lrg hard boiled eggs - cooled/ peeled/diced small , leaving 1 egg for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup hellmann's mayonnaise
- approx 1/2 cup milk ( of your choice)
- dash or two of garlic powder (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
- (celery leaves, parsely leaves or chives for garnish)
- paprika for final garnish and color
1In large mixing / serving bowl, add diced potatoes, diced eggs, onion, celery, optional garlic powder, salt/ pepper.
In seperate small bowl, whisk together, mayonnaise, mustard, milk until smooth and creamy . ( you may need to add a bit more mayo and milk, depending on you how creamy you like it)
Pour mayo mixture, Pour over potatoes. Mix gently but thoroughly.
Keep cold in refrigerator until ready to garnish top and serve.
Gently give potato salad a final mixing , top salad with thinly sliced egg slices, adding celery leaves (or fresh parsley, chives) around top for garnish. Lightly sprinkle with paprika. Return to refrigerator until time to serve.
2Note: wipe clean rim of serving bowl for nicer serving appearance.