Creamy Potato Puff
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 baking potatoes, 10 oz. each
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 can (3 oz) french fried onions
- 4 tbsp. dry sherry, optional
1Bake potatoes; scoop out insides and put into a large mixing bowl. Mash potatoes or put through a ricer.
2Add cream cheese and beat til smooth. Add onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
3Beat til lightly and fluffy; spoon into an ungreased 1 1/2 to 2 quart souffle dish or casserole; Sprinkle onion rings over the top. Cover with foil.
4May be refrigerated up to 2 days or may be frozen. Before serving, bring to room temperature. Drizzle top with sherry if desired. Bake covered at 325 for 30 minutes.
5Remove foil and bake 20 minutes more or til potatoes are bubbling and top is golden and crusty. Serves 8