Cheesy garlic potato gratin
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- eight medium yukon gold or other yellow fleshed potatoes, 3 pounds, thinly sliced, about 10 cups
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions, six, or thinly sliced leek
- six cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded swiss cheese, provolone, gruyere, or jarlsberg cheese, 12 oz.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- green onion slivers, optional
1preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 3 quart rectangle baking dish. Layer half of the sliced potatoes and half of the green onions in prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the garlic, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
2. Pour whipping cream over top. Cover with foil.
Bake for one hour and 10 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20 to 30 minutes more or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and top is Golden Brown. If desired, sprinkle with green onion slivers. Makes 12 servings.