CREAMY WHITE MAC 'N CHEESE (STOVETOP)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 oz
- dry macaroni pasta
- water and salt, per package instructions
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, plus 1 teaspoon for hot macaroni
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c
- milk (plus extra, as needed) **
- 2/3 c
- cream **
- 1/2 tsp
- tony chachere's creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 oz
- monterey jack cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 oz
- extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 oz
- asiago cheese, freshly grated
- crumbled hickory smoked bacon, for garnish (optional, but good!)
- minced fresh chives, for garnish (optional, but good!)
1Gather and prep all ingredients.
**Combine milk and cream in one measuring cup or bowl.
4Whisking constantly, add about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of the combined milk and cream; remove from heat, whisk until smooth (don't worry, it WILL smooth out, keep whisking;) whisking constantly, gradually add reminder of milk. Return to medium/medium high heat; whisk until thickened and no lumps remain. If too thick, add more milk until achieving desired consistency (think medium thick gravy, not too thin, not too thick.)
5Reduce heat to lowest possible setting; add creole seasoning, salt and 1 ounce cream cheese, whisking until melted.
6Add monterey jack cheese; whisk until smooth; add white cheddar; whisk until smooth; add asiago; whisk until smooth. Taste for seasoning.