Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- pork bacon, cut into pieces
- onions, diced
- 4-5 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/3 c
- butter, opt
- 2 lb
- beans, cooked (pinto or black)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chili powder (or adjust as desired)
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken boullion (or adjust as desired)
- 3/4 tsp
- cumin (or adjust as desired)
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder (or adjust as desired)
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder (or adjust as desired)
1Brown the bacon over medium high heat until halfway cooked.
2Add the butter, onions & garlic. Cook until bacon is slightly crispy & onions are limp. Put this mixture into food processor. Use 1/4-1/3 cup of water to clean tasty bits from bottom of pan using a spatual for scraping. Pour this into food processor.
3To the food processor add half of the beans & the seasonings. Puree very well.
4Put beans into a pot.
5Place remaining beans into processor & puree slightly if you want a lumpier bean mixture or puree well if you want totally smooth refried beans.
6Put remaining beans into pot & stir well.
7Adjust seasonings as needed & add salt if needed.
8Heat on low until desired temperature is reached.
9Use refried beans to eat with rice, to make burritos, or for a simple, but healthful side dish.