Polenta with tomato, bacon and cheese
Irisa Raina 9
This is just one of those recipes that I created “thinking hmmm” what can I do to make Polenta a wee bit jazzier?
I think the addition of the cheese and bacon did the trick.
If you can’t find apple wood smoked bacon in your area you can use regular bacon.
- 1 – 18 ounce roll of polenta
- 6 slices thick cut apple wood smoked bacon
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can f ire roasted diced tomatoes “drained and set the juice aside” you’ll want to push down softly on the tomatoes to get all the juice out of them while they are straining
- fresh grated asiago cheese “ about a cup or so “
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ to 3/4 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 2 & ½ cloves roasted garlic “smashed “
- unsalted butter for frying the polenta “about 2 tablespoons “