Featured Pinch Tips Video
- ripe avocados
- limes, juiced
- medium yellow onion, chopped
- garlic clove, smashed then minced
- serrano chiles, cut into rounds
- big handful fresh cilantro with stems, about 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1Halve and pit the avocados. With a tablespoon, scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados using either a fork or potato masher, leaving them still a bit chunky. Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together. Drizzle with a little olive oil, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and give it 1 final mix with a fork.
2Lay a piece of plastic wrap tight on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn't brown and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.