Pickle Meat (Spread for Making Sandwiches) by Rose
The recipe that I posted on JAP last was the recipe for Beef Tongue Sandwiches. This recipe is for what you make out of the "tip end" of the tongue.
Just made it today and took pictures so I could post it here.
My mother-in-law did not hand me a handwritten recipe she just told me how to make it. The measurements are mine. 3/2/13
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- tip from a cooked beef tongue
- mine was approximately 2 1/2 cups of ground beef
- 1/2 c
- mayonnaise (i used hellmans)
- 3 Tbsp
- sweet relish (i used vlassic)
- you can use more or less mayonnaise and more or less sweet relish. use to your taste.
2After assembling the grinder and placing a "catch" bowl under the mouth of the grinder, place the tip of the tongue into the upper slot of the grinder and begin the grinding process. Rotate the "catch" bowl as needed. It may be necessary to cut the tongue into pieces before grinding. Each grinder is different.