Date-Nut Sandwich Spread
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- dried dates, pitted ( for this recipe i chose deglet noor dates, *always* unsulphured)
- 2/3 c
- cream cheese, softened (reduced fat cream cheese not recommended)
- 1/3 c
- walnuts (you can substitute pecans, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, pine nuts)
- 1 pinch
- ground cardamom or cinnamon (freshly grated nutmeg is good with this spread, too!)
- sandwich bread, crackers, english muffins, crumpets, etc. to use with the spread
1Finely chop the dates either by hand. (use a wet knife-it makes slicing easier!) Or, place coarsely chopped dates in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
2Stir together the softened cream cheese and nuts by hand or add it to the food processor (along with the spice, if using. If using a food processor, process with the PULSE on/off function. Process the mixture until everything is combined and the dates are as finely chopped as possible.
3Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.