This is my recipe for BACON SALSA and my photo.
This is a great dip with tortilla chips, or over nachos, baked potato, BBQ chicken, steak, brushed on grilled sweet corn, mixed in muffin batter, on your tacos,over enchiladas,etc- you get where I'm going-so go for it!Your going to love it!
- 1 Tbsp
- of olive oil, just swirl some around in the skillet
- 1 lb
- extra thick bacon, fry crisp and set aside to cool, then pulse to size you like
- 14 1/2 oz
- can petite cut tomatoes,(or diced rol-tel tomatoes)
- 1 small
- sweet onion, pulsed till size you like
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- red bell pepper,pulsed to size you like
- green bell pepper,pulsed to size you like
- 1/2 c
- whole kernel corn,frozen
- 1/4 c
- red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- orange marmalade
- grind of fresh black pepper, or a few hot pepper flakes
I have made this using 1 cup of real bacon bits and not pulsing. This works very nice-you can add as much bacon bits as you like- and also add some chipolte puree or hot pepper flakes if desired.