This is my recipe for BACON SALSA and my photo.
This is a great dip with tortilla chips, or over nachos, baked potato, BBQ chicken, steak, brushed on grilled sweet corn, mixed in muffin batter, on your tacos,over enchiladas,etc- you get where I'm going-so go for it!Your going to love it!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- of olive oil, just swirl some around in the skillet
- 1 lb
- extra thick bacon, fry crisp and set aside to cool, then pulse to size you like
- 14 1/2 oz
- can petite cut tomatoes,(or diced rol-tel tomatoes)
- 1 small
- sweet onion, pulsed till size you like
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- red bell pepper,pulsed to size you like
- green bell pepper,pulsed to size you like
- 1/2 c
- whole kernel corn,frozen
- 1/4 c
- red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- orange marmalade
- grind of fresh black pepper, or a few hot pepper flakes
1In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the bacon, and reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 8 minutes,until it is a light brown.Turn heat down to medium low.Cool bacon crisp then place in blender and pulse to size you like. Then pulse the bell peppers and the onion. Add the bacon and onions and peppers in the skillet.
2To the bacon ,onion mixture add the garlic. Stir and fry until onion and peppers begin to wilt; stir in corn, marmalade and brown sugar. Stir until sugar and marmalade melts and add the wine vinegar. Simmer over low heat until salsa is thickened.When mixture is thickened to your liking; stir in tomatoes juice and all and black pepper to taste.
I have made this using 1 cup of real bacon bits and not pulsing. This works very nice-you can add as much bacon bits as you like- and also add some chipolte puree or hot pepper flakes if desired.