The BEST Cornbread Dressing
I like it because it is very moist.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large pan of cornbread (large cast iron skillet size, or make 2 pans of cornbread) i use martha whites recip[e on bag.
- pieces of toasted bread (crumbled)
- large onion (diced)
- stalks of celery (diced)
- raw eggs (hand whipped)
- 3 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 2 can(s)
- swanson's 10 1/2 oz chicken broth
- 1 stick
- butter (melted)
- 2 Tbsp
- pepper (or season to taste for you)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- sage (again season to taste for you)
1Make cornbread the day before you make the dressing.
I use Martha White's recipe on the bag of her cornmeal.Allow to cool then crumble well. Place in a large bowl.
2Add all the ingredients EXCEPT one can of chicken broth. Mix well with hands.
IMPORTANT any chicken broth will do, just make SURE you use the correct amount of broth. Swanson's cans are larger.
Cover with tinfoil and refridgerate overnight. Important step!
3The next day add the other can of chicken broth. Mix well. It should be the consisteny of cake batter.
Cover with foil.
Place in re-heated 350 degree oven.
Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The center of the cornbread should not be wet.