So Easy Homemade Beer Cheese
- 2 lb
- block sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz
- block white pepper jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic-minced
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 bottle
- stale beer ( i use bud light)
- chopped veggies or crackers for dipping
Can be served the next day. Great pairing is celery to really taste all the flavors of the cheese and spices.
1. Do not and I repeat, DO NOT use the store bought bagged shredded cheese. It is not suitable from my experience to stay tasty and tastes fatty.
2. Depending on taste, I perferred the Sharp Cheese block over the Extra Sharp. The extra sharp just seemed too bitter.
3. If you don't like white pepper jack cheese, use 1/4 t. Tabasco. The P.J. Cheese doesn't make it too spicy. That opinion is from someone who hates spicy food... (not me)
5. The total amount will fit into about 3 medium size Mason jars. Before it gets too hard, I put them in the jars, then refrigerate them over night.