Sesame Spread/Tahini/Hummus Dip
IMPORTANT NOTE: This recipe is usually eaten with Pita Bread (cut in quarters) in the Greek Style, but for Gluten Free Diets, that is changed to Rice Crackers (or any Gluten Free bread or crackers you prefer).
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 can(s)
- 15oz garbanzo beans, drained well
- 1/3 c
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 c
- tahini paste (ground sesame seed paste)
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cumin
- garlic cloves, peeled
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh parsley sprigs or cilantro (coriander) for garnish
- 1-2 pkg
- 12 to 16oz rice crackers (or any gluten free bread or crackers of your choice)
1Place all ingredients (except crackers) in a blender. Blend until very smooth. Place in a covered bowl.
2Chill 3-4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to mingle. Serve as a spread or dip with Rice Crackers.