Bean and Tuna Salad
"Do Not" add salt to the soaking water.
Drain water and rinse with fresh cold water
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 can(s)
- (6-ounce each) chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 can(s)
- (15-ounce ) cooked small white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, rinsed
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small
- red onion, chopped (optional)
1Combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
When you use canned beans in a recipe, be sure to rinse them first in a colander under cold running water, as their canning liquid often contains a fair amount of sodium.