Syrian Potato Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6 medium
- potatoes (i used a mix of yukon gold and red fingerling)
- 2 medium
- carrots, chopped (i added these for color)
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery and leaves, thinly sliced and leaves minced (the celery was my addition)
- 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large
- lemons, juice of (plus save some zest for garnish)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- ground allspice, to taste (i use whole allspice and grind in a pestle and mortar)
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin, to taste
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- hard-boiled eggs
- few sprigs of fresh chives, for garnish (you can substitute italian parsley, cilantro or scallions if desired)
1Boil the potatoes (and carrots if using) in large pot until tender, about 20 minutes.
2Dressing: As the potatoes boil, whisk together the dressing and set aside.
3Drain the potatoes and cool briefly. Once cool enough to handle dice the potatoes and place in medium mixing bowl. Add the celery and leaves.
4Pour the dressing over the cooled potatoes. Toss gently to combine the ingredients.
5Peel the eggs and cut into fourths. Arrange the hard boiled eggs around the edge of the bowl and garnish the top of the potato salad with lemon zest and fresh chives or other suitable fresh herb (Italian parsley or scallions.)
6Cover and refrigerate. You can serve the potato salad chilled or at room temperature.