Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chopped pecans (you can substitute almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, cashews, walnuts)
- 1/4 c
- strawberry jelly, jam or strawberry sauce (or simply mash a few strawberries together with a little bit of sugar)
- 1/3 c
- sesame oil
- 1/4 c
- rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp
- toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh ginger, grated, to taste (replaced dried ginger)
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper or white pepper, to taste
- 2 c
- fresh peaches, peeled and chopped or sliced thinly (use frozen peaches out of season)
- 16 oz
- coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage plus 1 small carrot, shredded (about 1/3 cup of red cabbage was added, too)
- 1/2 c
- fresh cilantro, chopped, approximately
- 3 Tbsp
- dried tart cherries or dried cranberries
- green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
1NUTS: Toast the nuts either on the stove top or in the oven. I prefer to toast nuts on the stove top. You can keep a better eye on them. Set aside to cool completely.
2DRESSING: In a glass bowl whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. For best flavor the dressing should be prepared at least 1 hour in advance.
3In a large bowl combine the salad ingredients except for the nuts. Gently stir in the nuts. Note: if you plan on eating the salad later add the nuts just before serving.
4Garnish with fresh cilantro, dried cherries or dried cranberries and green onions.