Pioneer Woman's Quick Marinated Cherry Tomato Sala
This is the recipe as posted but I made the some changes and it was DELICIOUS!
I had too many letters it's Salad!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion,thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 heaping tablespoon jarred pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head iceburg lettuce, cut into chunks
1Halve the tomatoes and add them to a large zipper bag with the sliced red onion. Add the olive oil, balsamic, parsley, pesto, sugar, garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Seal the bag, getting all the air out. Place into the fridge until ready for dinner.
Place the iceberg lettuce in a large bowl and pour on the tomatoes. Toss and serve!
2My changes: I used white wine vinegar instead of balsamic vinegar;omitted the sugar,homemade pesto,2 garlic cloves. I used 1/2 head of iceberg;there was dressing left over,Thank goodness because the dressing was delicious!